Airbag Safety Advice from BMW
BMW is all about luxury. But their commitment to drivers is by no means limited to luxury. They're also dedicated to keeping you and yours extremely safe.
As such, it's no real surprise that airbags are among the Bavarian automaker's most advanced safety systems. And today, we'd like to share with you a handful of tips aimed at helping new BMW and used car owners optimize the protection airbags provide.
7 Airbag Safety Tips from BMW1. Sit properly (i.e., no feet on the dash, back against the seatback).
2. Always wear a safety belt.
3. Young children should always ride in secure child safety seats or boosters.
4. Make sure all children under the age of 12 always ride in the back seat.
5. Position your seat to allow at least 10 inches between your head and chest and the steering wheel or if you're a passenger - the dash. 6. Drivers and passengers of all ages should not rest against doors. Without room to inflate, door-mounted airbags can cause serious injury.
7. If your in-dash airbag light comes on and stays on, take your vehicle to a BMW service center as soon as possible.
Interested in more helpful advice from BMW?
Be sure to stay tuned to the Weber BMW blog. Located conveniently at Weber BMW, located at 7171 N Palm Ave, Fresno CA, 93650, we're committed to keeping you informed on everything from ways of enhancing safety to too-good-to-be-missed car loan and BMW lease specials available to Fresno-area drivers.
Contact us online anytime. Call 888-717-0639. Or, swing by our state-of-the art facilities during our regular business hours.